Milandes, à l'horizon de l'enfer
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Milandes, à l'horizon de l'enfer

Forum pour les Grandeurs Natures des Milandes

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON AVR-X2800H, Enceinte ...
1190 € 1950 €
Voir le deal

Where to get medieval tents

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Nat
Chevalier
Nat

Where to get medieval tents Empty
MessageSujet: Where to get medieval tents   Where to get medieval tents Icon_minitimeMer 26 Mai - 22:56

For those of you who have bought medieval tents, I was wondering where you got them from. Website links would be awesome.

Also, anyone have any links for where to buy the canvas the tents are made out of?

Thanks Smile
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Louis Alfred
Homme Libre
Louis Alfred

MessageSujet: Re: Where to get medieval tents   Where to get medieval tents Icon_minitimeJeu 27 Mai - 7:39

www.tentsmiths.com
Marie-Hélène
Admin
Marie-Hélène

MessageSujet: Re: Where to get medieval tents   Where to get medieval tents Icon_minitimeJeu 27 Mai - 9:39

Haha, I made one a few years back for Chris and Léo. (Someone needs to bring these guyses back to Milandes, I miss them. Sad )

Don't forget to follow the "sens du fil" of the fabric when you make it, because otherwise you'll get rained on. And have lots of spare needles on hand. I guaranty you'll break more than one. Depending on your canvas, you should get the heavy duty needles 100/16 ballpoint or 90/14 leather. Thread isn't a big concern, all purpose works well as long as you don't get the cheap stuff. The big rolls for sergers work. But they will probably piss you off because they aren't as sturdy as the "normal" spools.

The French seams work the best for sturdiness so you need to remember to put about 1 inch to 2 inches of extra fabric around the edges to give you some breathing room. That depends on how comfortable your are with your machine. Most of the time, ironing canvas is out of the question and it makes for clumsier seams.
http://www.llewyth.blogspot.com
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Where to get medieval tents   Where to get medieval tents Icon_minitime

Where to get medieval tents
Page 1 sur 1