Milandes, à l'horizon de l'enfer
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Milandes, à l'horizon de l'enfer

Forum pour les Grandeurs Natures des Milandes

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -39%
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON ...
Voir le deal
1190 €

A New Beginning

5 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2
AuteurMessage
Domino
Chevalier
Domino

A New Beginning - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeLun 23 Juin - 22:46

Domino was slowly waking up again. Her eyelids were heavy and once again her vision blurry. This time, however, she was standing… But her movements were restrained. The rope her captors used was chaffing her wrists. She seemed to be tied to a huge wooden stake.

The sun was plummeting down on her head. Then she remembered. Her captors were Orcs. Domino silently swore. A lot. She started looking around… The Orcs were oblivious to her waking up – all they wanted was her blood probably, to water their so-called spirits. And it didn’t really matter in what state she was. How long had she been tied up?

There was a lot of Orcs, so no way of getting out of here safely. And she didn’t think anyone would be coming around here. They were all huddled around the Meute and whatever was happening over there. She sighed. Domino knew the end was coming, but she didn’t expect to come before she even got to the Pass. Worst of all – she failed. The Captain would most likely be disappointed. He paid a lot to have her sent here. Then again, he’ll probably send someone else, if he hasn’t already. Domino wasn’t able to get a message back to LaRochelle anyways.

The sun was getting really hot. She suddenly realized she wasn’t dressed with the guard’s clothes. They put her in a weird animal skin outfit, which was already stained with red spots. She shuddered. All around the camp, were weapons and big, sharp, tree trunks.

She was starting to get dehydrated. Maybe she’d pass out before any of the unpleasant things would happen.

The sun was definitely getting to her – she was starting to hallucinate. Smack dab in the middle of the Orcs, was Tirvor. Just walking in here like he owned the place. With disbelief, she stared. She shook her head violently. Nope, he was still there.

Domino wondered what type of hallucinogen the Orcs gave her. They had some pretty potent things, she had learned. Well, the end of her days had one uplifting horizon – she wouldn’t have to take that darned antidote again!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Michael
Aventurier
Michael

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeLun 23 Juin - 23:45

It didn’t take long for Tirvor to see where Domino was. They had tied her to a wooden stake. Tirvor also stared for a bit; she was wearing animal skins. It certainly made her look… different. If it wasn’t for the seriousness of the situation, he might have laughed. Still, he couldn’t help but smile at her. Tirvor took a moment to thank Valedens, as she was still alive. He, even more incredibly, he had actually found her.

The two orcs brought Tirvor into the center of the camp, where most of the orcs were gathering to see the human who was walking among them. Most were armed, and many were smiling at Tirvor as if they knew something he didn’t. Still, he didn’t let that bother him. It was best to just focus on the task at hand and not worry about all the things that might go wrong.

An older female orc with a staff covered in feathers - probably a shaman - approached him. “Why do you come to our camp?”

“I’ve come to free my friend,” Tirvor said while pointing at Domino, who seemed to be vaguely paying attention from her position tied to the stake.

“You cannot have her, puny man” replied a large orc. “She is mine. I have captured her. And by rights of the hunt, I will make an offering from her so that I may water the spirits to allow them to live and bring life to all.”

That must be Grozz, Tirvor thought. He was a large orc; at least a head-and-a-half taller than himself. The orc was very well muscled, with arms larger than Tirvor’s legs. A large battle axe and shield hung from his back, and he seemed to be able to walk around with ease, as if he didn’t even notice they were there.

“But I have already offered water to the spirits,” Tirvor replied, showing his cut hand. “Surely they are happy now, and the two of us can go on our way.”

Grozz laughed at that, and soon all of the other orcs joined in. “That is not enough to keep the spirits alive. Such a small offering. That was merely enough so that we do not kill you immediately. But soon, you will have to provide even more to the spirits.”

That didn’t sound good.

“He speaks truth,” the shaman said. “We must provide full offerings, giving one life of this world so that one life in the spirit world may go on. While you have provided some water to quench their thirst, it is not enough for them to survive. More is needed. Such is the way of the spirits.”

“But not her. You can find the water from elsewhere.”

“She is mine,” Grozz added. “I captured her, and I may use her as I see fit. I shall provide water to the spirits, and they shall watch over me.”

“She is my friend, and I will not let you harm her,” Tirvor stated defiantly, staring boldly into the eyes of both Grozz and the shaman. The shaman merely grinned, obviously finding the human amusing.

Grozz, however, wasn’t amused. “Then perhaps I will use you to water the spirit, little human.”

Tirvor angrily replied “Well, you can certainly try, but it’s quite more likely that you’ll be the one dead at the end of my sabers, and I will be the one using you to water the spirits.”

A cheer rose up from the orcs who had gathered around. “A challenge” they started mumbling. They started banging their weapons on their shields and nearby trees, making a loud ruckus. It only quieted down when the shaman lifted her staff.

She turned to Tirvor. “Do you challenge Grozz to sacred combat, ending only once a life is given to water the spirits?”

“If I win, will I be able to leave with my friend.”

“If the spirits are satiated with the watering from Grozz’s body, then we will no longer need her. You would be free to leave with her.”

“Except that instead, it will be you who dies, and she will still be mine afterward.”

Tirvor thought about it for a moment. Grozz was big and strong, of that he had no doubt. He didn’t look that intelligent, and likely relied solely on his strength in battle. He should be able to handle him.

“Then I accept,” he finally answered.

As the orcs were gathering around in a large circle, forming the perimeter of the battlefield, Tirvor approached Domino, who was still tied to her stake.

“Domino, est-ce que ca va?” he said in french, hoping that the orcs would not understand him. “Inquietes-toi pas, je vais te sortir d’ici. J’ai juste un petit duel a finir avant.”
Domino
Chevalier
Domino

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMar 24 Juin - 0:10

Domino lifted her head when Tirvor said :
"She is my friend, and I will not let you harm her"

Unbelieving, she didn't understand how he could be her. She spent a long time cheering him up and putting his life back on track - and here he is, putting it in danger. For her. She shook her head - he had so much to learn. She wasn't as desperate as he thought. Domino muttered a few words along the line of "you crazy fool." and listened to the rest of the conversation. Well so be it for a subtle rescue.

When he came up to her, she answered :
Please tell me that you thought this through before just waltzing in here
Michael
Aventurier
Michael

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMar 24 Juin - 0:27

“No, not really. Thinking has never been my strong point,” he said with a smile. “I suppose I could have turned invisible, then come and untie you, but, with the sheer amount of people here, I’m sure someone would have noticed. Especially that shaman. She probably has her own magic to protect against that. Besides, it became a moot point the moment the guards saw me.”

He then shrugged. “Don’t worry about this. I’ve been in plenty of duels. Granted, most of them were in my fencing classes, but I won almost all of them.”

“Anyway, I’m just too happy to see you alive to be worried about Grozz.”

Tirvor’s smile briefly vanished as he carefully looked at Domino. “Are you alright? I hope they haven’t hurt you.” After a moment, he added. “Here, have some water” he said as he grabbed his wineskin and brought it to her lips, letting her drink her fill.

When she was done, he continued. “I promised I would help you. Through the Pass, and back home afterward. I am a man of my word, and I’m not about to let a bunch of orcs make a liar out of me.”

Tirvor then proceeded to give Domino a hug, which seemed to catch her off-guard. "Wish me Valéden's luck." Thankfully, there was not much she could do seeing how she was still tied. But the hug was merely to allow him to reach her hands behind her back. He placed his dagger there, and whispered into her ear. "Just in case, if I'm losing, while they're all watching me, you can cut your way free and escape."

With that, Tirvor started to head back to the orcs, who were forming a circle around the area where he would battle Grozz.
Michael
Aventurier
Michael

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMar 24 Juin - 2:39

After placing his cloak down on a large rock, Tirvor walked into the circle of orcs, entering the dueling grounds. He drew both of his sabers and slowly prepared for battle with a few stretches and practice swings. In his mind, Tirvor carefully analyzed the situation.

The orc was big and strong, which means that, unless he managed to get in a lucky blow to the vitals, it would probably take several cuts to wear him down. Being smaller, Tirvor had the advantage of speed, which could let him get those blows in past the orc’s defenses. And, just in case, Tirvor still had his powerful armor spell on that could protect him from a hit or two from the strong orc.

Not that he expected the orc to get any hits in. While not a great combatant, Tirvor was good at duels. His father spared no expenses to get him the best fencing teachers money could buy. True, as Tirvor had learned over the last year while adventuring, real fights, with multiple people, never followed the civilized rules of fencing, as you could be attacked from all sides. But one-on-one duels did, and this was nothing more than a duel. He should have the skill to allow him to get through this relatively unscathed. The large, slow, orc didn’t worry him at all.

Grozz entered into the field. The orcish warrior was now wearing armor, including a chain shirt and leather leggings and bracers. Well, that would certainly slow things down, he thought with a frown. He would have to aim for openings in the armor, or otherwise hit with enough strength to go through them. That evened things out a bit.

Tirvor and Grozz stood face to face, ready to begin. The rest of the orcs who were forming a circle around the makeshift arena were chanting Grozz’s name. They were obviously expecting him to kill the human. Then, the shaman gave the signal to start.

Grozz came in much faster than Tirvor had expected for such a large orc. He barely had time to duck beneath the incoming battle axe. Not wasting time, Tirvor counter-attacked with both sabers, and managed to dig into the leather armor of both of legs. But he unfortunately didn’t draw blood.

Grozz brought the axe in an overhead swing which came crashing down at Tirvor’s head. Tirvor brought his saber up to parry, but the sheer force of the blow pushed his light weapon aside and still managed to strike him in the chest. Thankfully, Tirvor’s armor spell absorbed the axe’s blow, but the impact sent him reeling backwards a few meters. Tirvor almost fell over, but thankfully managed to remain on his feet.

Tirvor cursed. He knew the orc was strong, but didn’t expect him to be that strong. Grozz managed to take out his armor spell over his chest in a single hit. He was certainly too strong for Tirvor to parry. He will have to change tactics and simply dodge out of the way of the attacks…

.. of which the next one came quickly afterward. Tirvor once more ducked beneath the swinging axe, and took a stab at the orc’s chest, but unfortunately didn’t get through the mail. Predictably, the axe once more came down with an overhead swing, and Tirvor easily sidestepped it. This battle is going to be really easy if he doesn’t learn to change his…

… and Tirvor suddenly found himself on the ground, having been hit and barreled over by the large shield. Tirvor didn’t waste time to understand how he was tricked and simply quickly brought both of his arms up to shield his body. The axe struck both arms, and likely would have cut them off if not for the armor spell. But now even his limbs were without armor. Tirvor swung his swords at Grozz’s feet, and the orc backed away to avoid getting hit. This gave Tirvor the time to get back up to his feet.

Tirvor ran toward one of the wooded stakes scattered about the camp. Grozz roared in thriumph, raising his axe and shield into the air. “He’s scared of me. Ha-ha-ha-ha…”

Well, Tirvor didn’t care what the orc thought at this point. He merely needed to touch the wood. “Karraghey shoh annsa.” The magic spell cast, a new magical armor now covered Tirvor, once more protecting his entire body.

Tirvor once more turned to face the orc warrior. He had to proceed carefully now. Grozz was much faster and crafty than he had first given him credit for. Victory was definitely no longer certain. He did a quick look back in Domino’s direction. He hoped that, no matter what happened, she would at least get out of here alive.

Grozz once more closed the gap between the two with just a few long strides and brought the axe down on Tirvor. This time, Tirvor stepped toward the other side – the side with the axe and not toward the other arm holding the shield. As he did, he swung both of his sabers into the path of the arm wielding the axe. They cut deeply, going through the leather bracers and into muscle.

Grozz yelled in pain and dropped his axe. Tirvor continued with his advantage against the unarmed orc and swung his sabers into the orc’s side. Several of the mail links broke, but again he didn’t manage to cause any significant damage. And to Tirvor’s surprise, the orc wasn’t actually unarmed – he still had his fists. Since Tirvor hadn’t backed away, he was still in punching range, and the orc managed to score two solid hits before Tirvor realized what happened. The large shield then came crashing down upon his head, and Tirvor fell to the ground.

Thankfully, his magical armor absorbed those blows, but, except for the limbs, it was now depleted again. Tirvor looked around to regain his bearings, and saw that Grozz was reaching down for his battle axe. He scrambled to get up, and managed to get into a sitting position which allowed him to bring both sabers down on the orc’s hand reaching for the weapon. Tirvor smiled as they both connected, and he could see fingers go flying.

Grozz yelled in pain, but, quickly turned on Tirvor and gave him a kick in the face. With the armor spell gone, the blow landed solidly and sent Tirvor crashing down on his back. Tirvor could taste the blood in his mouth. When he spat it out, he could see that some of his teeth had joined the blood on the ground.

Before he could move, the orc again brought the shield down upon him, landing straight across his stomach. Tirvor heard as much as felt several of his ribs crack. He yelled out in pain. Even though he was temporarily blinded by pain, Tirvor thrust upwards with one of his sabers and felt it slide into the orc. The saber was then yanked out of his hand.

When the blinding white spots of pain finally cleared and allowed Tirvor to look around, he saw that Grozz had retreated back, with one of Tirvor’s sabers still sticking out of his chest. But the orc was still standing, and not about to give up there. He saw Grozz drop his shield, and then pick up the battle axe with his shield hand.

Tirvor didn’t wait to see if the orc was able to wield it just as effectively in his off-hand. He instead turned onto his stomach, then crawled on his hands and knees as fast as he could back to the wooden stake. He touched it again and once more repeated the magical words “Karraghey shoh annsa.” A new armor spell was in place, once more offering protection.

Tirvor wearily got up and turned to face Grozz again. He lifted his remaining saber with his right hand into a guard position, but even that caused him to wince in pain from the cracked ribs. Thankfully, Grozz didn’t seem to be doing to well either; he had taken the saber out of his chest and tossed it far to the side, but the blood loss was likely getting to him. Still, the orc warriors lifted his battled axe in his one remaining good hand and let out another roar, to which the other orcs in the crowd cheered. He then slowly started advancing toward Tirvor.

This really didn’t look good. Tirvor reached back for his pistol with his empty hand, but then thought against it. Grozz was still in pretty good shape; unless he managed to hit him in the head, the heart, or another vital, it’s likely that being shot would only slow him down a bit. And that’s assuming Tirvor could actually hit him. With the pain he was in, it quite possible that he’d miss unless he was at point blank range; and he certainly didn’t want to get that close to Grozz.

Grozz came in with a wide swing, which Tirvor was just too slow to avoid. It struck him in the leg and knocked him down. Thankfully, his leg survived, but the armor spell protecting it had now dissipated. Tirvor swung out with his saber, aiming for the orcs remaining good arm. Instead, he hit his left leg. This blow went in behind the leggings and actually scored a hit into the orc’s leg muscles. But Tirvor couldn’t take advantage of that, as the axe once more came down upon him. He tried to avoid it and move out of the way, but instead was hit squarely in the back. And once more, Tirvor found himself without any armor protecting his torso and vitals.

The one benefit was that the blow did propel him forward a bit, which allowed him to get out of reach of the battle axe. With his wounded leg, Grozz was limping slightly, and thus could no longer catch up to Tirvor so easily. But in his current shape, he though as the pain of the broken ribs started to affect him more and more, he wouldn’t be able to outrun the orc anyway.

Tirvor leaned on another large wooden stake. “Karraghey shoh annsa.” Well, that’s the last one he could do today. He either had to defeat Grozz now, or it would all be over for him… and Domino. He tried to see if she was alright, if she had somehow managed to escape, but his vision was too blurry with pain and blood in his eyes to see that far. And he quickly had to turn his attention back to Grozz who was approaching again.

When the two came into melee range again, Tirvor struck first, hitting the orc in the chest with his saber. But it only barely came through the chainmail, and Grozz wasn’t really hurt by the blow.

Grozz, meanwhile once more went for Tirvor’s leg. While, as before, the blow wasn’t able to get through the magical armor protecting the human, it still knocked him off of his feet, causing him to fall to the ground. The orc then brought his right foot down solidly onto the human’s stomach, knocking the wind out of him and, additionally, using his weight to pin the human to the ground. As the human tried to bring his saber up again, the orc brought his axe down onto his arm holding the sword.

Tirvor again yelled in pain as the axe blow went through the magical protection on his right arm and bit into flesh. While it thankfully prevented the arm from being cut clean off, the wound still dug in deep enough to cripple him. He could no longer hold onto his saber, and let go of it.

The orc once more pressed down with his right foot on Tirvor’s stomach, and Tirvor winced in pain. He was cornered, could not get up or move away. The orc was standing above him, and still wielding the battle axe.

But the finishing blow did not come. Instead, Grozz raised the axe high above his head and turned to look at the crowd of orcs around them. Grozz let out another roar of triumph, and the crowd cheered with him, chanting his name even louder.

With the orc warrior distracted, the desperate Tirvor once again reached back for his pistol with his left hand. Instead of aiming for the torso or the head, he put the gun directly onto the orc’s kneecap of his right leg that was still above him. Grozz looked down to see what was going on, but by then it was too late.

<<BANG!!>>

The shot at point blank range tore right through the leather leggings and the orc’s knee. Grozz immediately fell over. The pain was so intense that he let go of the axe, and instinctively brought his hands to the wounded knee.

With Grozz no longer standing on him, Tirvor rose up from the ground. He dropped his pistol instead picked up the battle axe with his good hand. But it was too heavy for him to wield. Not interested in wielding it, he instead merely dragged it away with him, to bring it out Grozz’s reach.

Grozz tried to get up, but could not. His right leg was completely useless, and his left was too wounded to use by itselt. The orc was forced to try and drag itself with its one good hand.

Tirvor went to an orc standing at the edge of the arena. He dropped the battle axe and grabbed the spear that the orc was holding. The orc, still shocked that the human was standing and Grozz was down on the ground, let him take it. Tirvor then turned back toward Grozz, holding the spear in his left hand. Using the spear, Tirvor stayed out of reach of the crippled orc warrior while stabbing him multiple times until Grozz finally stopped moving.

Tirvor then turned to face the shaman. He was leaning heavily on the spear now, as he was having difficulty staying up, or even conscious, for that matter. “As we agreed,” he said to the shaman, then paused to spit blood out. “I have watered the spirits with the blood of Grozz.... Domino...My friend... goes free.”

With that, Tirvor finally let go of the spear and fell to the ground.
Domino
Chevalier
Domino

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMar 24 Juin - 22:11

Domino stared with horror as Tirvor and the Orc chef engaged. Clearly, Tirvor didn't know what he was getting into. She painfully watched at the blows that Tirvor landed barely scratched the Orc, and the ones delivered by his opponent was devastating his armor spell that she knew he had.

Then she remembered her dagger. Quickly and as silently as she could, she stuck the knife point between the rope and her wrists, cutting herself here and there as she went along. The problem being she couldn't force the blade in the position she was in.

She was having problems concentrating. Usually, she wouldn't of had a problem cutting this rope and high-tailing it out of here. But her eyes were riveted on Tirvor. When he was crawling towards the wooden stakes, she almost dropped the dagger, seeing how the Orc got so close to finishing him off. Domino knew that Tirvor wasn't going to last much longer.

She shook off the thought. She had a mission. Domino had a responsability. Besides, she barely knew these people. She looked to the ground while she worked on getting free.

The Orcs weren't noticing what she was doing, anyways. They were too busy watching the bloodshed and the watering of the spirits.

When she heard the bang of the gun - she froze. Memories came flooding back. For a while, she stayed stunned at hearing a gun again, so close to her. Domino hadn't even noticed that she had finished cutting through the rope and was now free. She had a lost look in her eyes.

The Orcs just stared at Tirvor. Then a huge war cry went out and they lifted their weapons, as if it was a gift to the spirits. Then he fell down to the ground. The chant woke Domino up from her nightmare. The Orcs had left a path to Tirvor, and were now appraising him, though a little disapointed that he had collapsed.

Domino knelt down next to him and laid her hands on him and whispered : Slanaghey... and held her hands there for a while, holding her breath. Once she saw that his body was strong enough to walk, she leaned him on her and walked him back towards where they came from, in silence. Tirvor's body was getting better, but it would probably take him a bit of time to refill his mental strength, especially after such a battle.

Before they left the camp, she felt something tugging on her blouse. She turned her head and was suprised to see a child orc handing her Tirvor's weapons. Domino took them and put them under her right arm, nodded at the child, and kept walking.

Domino decided to wait until he was back to perfect health before she started reprimanding him for risking his life in such a foolhardy way.
Sylvain
Chevalier
Sylvain

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMer 25 Juin - 21:13

Il était trop tard.
Juché dans un arbre à proximité, Éliam avait assisté à toute la scène.
Il aurait bien voulu se faufiler pour profiter de la distraction faites par le combat pour libérer Domino mais il aurait à coup sûr mit la vie de Tirvor en danger.
Il resta donc là impuissant attendant de voir la conclusion ou de pouvoir intervenir si les choses viraient mal.
Quel combat! Un des plus beaux duels qu'il n'avait jamais vu.

Mais il était arrivé trop tard cette fois ci. Et tout ça par sa faute.....
NON! Il était venu en aide à la Meute et c'est ce qui comptait le plus.

- Ce n'est pas de ma faute, ce n'est pas de ma faute!!!!

Lorsqu'enfin il pu voir Tirvor remit sur pied grâce aux bons soins de la prêtresse, il descendit lentement de son arbre et contourna le camp. Il pourrait les rejoindre plus loin sur le chemin.

Sur le chemin du retour, Tirvor retrouva les signes qu'il c'était laissé afin de retrouver la route pour le lac. Mais quelle ne fut pas sa surprise d'y trouver les deux gardes Orcs qui patrouillaient, morts.
Le premier avait la gorge tranchée et le second quelques lacérations dont le derrière du genoux droit bien sectionné.
Michael
Aventurier
Michael

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 26 Juin - 0:23

Tirvor wasn’t really sure what was going on for the next while. He felt someone touch him, and then the pain went away. Most of it, anyway. Blinking, he looked up to see a face leaning over him. It was Domino. He smiled up at the pretty face above him; a smile with several teeth missing.

She helped him up, and, leaning on her, Tirvor staggered his way out of the orc camp. A lot was going through Tirvor’s mind at the moment, and unfortunately, he still wasn’t really thinking straight. What had happened exactly? A rescue, wasn’t it? Must have been… had all the usual signs, with him being bloody and battered. That’s a habit I really need to quit. And why are there two dead orcs on the trail?

When they approached the birch on the ground, Tirvor vaguely pointed to them. Domino must have understood that it was the direction back to the lake, since she turned in that direction.

What was she doing here again? Tirvor tried to shake his head, as if it would clear his thoughts, but instead it just caused more pain. He winced at that.

A rescue. Yes. He turned to Domino, and tried to speak to her, but, with the teeth still missing, and his current mental state, it didn’t come out all that clearly.

“mumble mumble… Isadora… mumble… always there in time of need… mumble… I love.. mumble…”

I hope she understands how I feel…
Sylvain
Chevalier
Sylvain

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 26 Juin - 9:36

Pauvre Tirvor, La Passe semblait devenir une solution ou libération pour lui depuis que sa Isadora l'avait quitté.
Éliam n'avait pas posé de question ne sachant pas trop comment il réagirait.

Domino tentait tant bien que mal de comprendre se qu'il marmonait tout en faisant de son mieux pour le porter malgré sa propre douleur.
Elle entendit soudainement un craquement venant du bois. Éliam avait volontaire signifié sa présence lorsqu'il avait vu le duo afin de ne pas les effrayer.

D'une voix un peu essouflé, ils purent entendre:

- Je suis arrivé trop tard on dirait bien... mais peut-être que je peux encore me rendre utile.

Éliam sortie des boisés et profitant de la surprise, il s'approcha et libéra Domino du poids de Tirvor avant de l'assoir au pied d'un arbre. Il sortit sa trousse de chirurgien et commença une revue d'ensemble des blessures de celui qui venait d'effectuer un sauvetage de la façon la plus stupide qu'il avait vu.

- Aller Tirvor, étends toi un peu que je jette un oeil sur tes côtes brisées.
On ne peut pas dire que tu manques de ecourage toi.

Il jeta un oeil en coin vers Domino silencieuse et se préparait à l'explosion de reproches.
Il aurait voulu lui demande ''Comment vas-tu?'' ou ''Est-ce que tu es blessée?'' ou encore ''Pas trop secouée?'' mais la réponse a toutes ses questions était des plus évidente et déplacée à poser. En fait aucune phrase bien placée ne lui venait à l'esprit...

- Et toi....?
Domino
Chevalier
Domino

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 26 Juin - 23:21

Domino smile at Tirvor’s mumbling. The poor fool was still thinking of Isadora. His soul was still completely taken, but at least his mind and body were in a workable state. She’d have to be careful… Just to make sure that he doesn’t transfer his emotions and affection her way. That could be a pretty bad political blunder.

She was grateful he was conscious enough to give her directions back towards the lake. Too bad his smile missing a few teeth. Oh well, a nice reminder of the good deed. Tirvor was getting heavy. Let’s face it, Domino wasn’t at her best, and her energy was draining as everyone got closer to the Pass. She almost dropped Tirvor to take her weapons out when she heard the crack in the woods. She wasn’t quick enough though, and thank goodness because it was only Éliam.

Elle était bien contente d’avoir de l’aide pour transporter le blesser.
Domino fit une face quand Éliam mentionna que Tirvor ne manquait pas de courage… Courageux, mais…

Éliam semblait se sentir mal à l’aise. Cela lui prit du temps avant de voir qu’il se croyait coupable de sont sort. Domino afficha un air étonné et ensuite son regard devint chaleureux. Elle lui souria d’un air fatigué.

Tu n’as pas à t’inquiéter, je m’en sors toujours. Je n’étais même pas inquiète! Mais bon, c’est pas important. Tirvor va avoir besoin de beaucoup de temps de récupération? Je peux faire quelque chose? Est-ce que Beregon va mieux? Et Wulf… ?

Ok – elle mentait par rapport à l’inquiétude. Mais il ne servait à rien de lui infliger plus de culpabilité. Domino fit un geste en montant ses mains vers le haut pour montrer qu'elle se sentait comme neuve, mais redoubla lorsqu'elle sentit la douleur dans ses bras et ses abdominaux.

Bon, je suis un peu amoché, mais rien que des distractions n'enleveront pas...
Sylvain
Chevalier
Sylvain

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 26 Juin - 23:52

Pas inquiète?
D'où sortait cette fille. Venant de Wulf il aurait compris mais là même lui aurait eu la chienne de mourir. Elle semblait ne pas lui en vouloir pour quoi que ce soit et même elle prenait des nouvelles de Beregon et Wulf. Éliam ne comprenait plus rien.

Il plaça confortablement Tirvor pour un moment afin de prendre soin des blessures de Domino qui vraisemblablement mentait sur son état. Il vait bien vu la grimace retenue qu'elle avait fait en levant les bras.

Il s'approcha d'elle et lui empoigna le bras doucement. Il le bouga lentement jusqu'à ce qu'elle grimace de nouveau.

Tu as l'épaule déplacée. Laisse moi t'aider un instant.

Il lui massa l'épaule dans tout les sens et le bas du coup jusqu'à ce qu'il sente qu'elle relâchait enfin ses muscles et VLAN! D'un coup sec et innatendu il lui remis le bras en place.

Un léger sourire lui apparut sur les lèvres lorsqu'il vit le visage qu'elle faisait.

Dis moi une chose. Comment peux-tu ne pas avoir eu peur? Tu as une vilaine bosse sur la tête, les poignets complètement brûlés par la corde et les bras déboités tellement ils y ont mis de la force.
Et là tu te balade avec ce fou comme si rien n'était arrivé. Quels sortes de valeurs ou disciple vous donne ton dieu pour agir ainsi. J'en prendrait bien pour déjeûne le matin.

Éliam ramassa Tirvor et attendant la réponse de Domino qui se frottait encore l'épaule, il se remis lentement en route.
Domino
Chevalier
Domino

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 27 Juin - 0:10

Bon. Ok. Elle avait mal. Domino ne savait pas, par contre, que son épaule était déplacé… Elle aurait dû – ce n’était pas la première fois que cela lui arrivait. Au moins, elle n’avait rien de casé. Du moins, pas encore. Le trajet était loin d’être finis.

Domino prit une grande respiration. Évidemment, les gens de la meute n’accepterait jamais une simple phrase sans tout analyser en profondeur. Qu’ils sont compliqués, ces gens…
Domino marcha plus vite pour arriver à côté d’Éliam.

La peur de mourrir? Cela n’existe presque plus chez moi. Une fois que je suis en situation ou la mort est en haute possibilité, je ne peux plus rien y faire. J'y suis passé de nombreuses fois...

Si seulement Éliam savait… Domino le regarda droit dans les yeux, avec le même regard intense qu’elle y fit au début de la matinée

J’ai survécu à des situations dans le genre, mais bon. On s’en va vers la Passe – pourquoi penser que les choses vont aller de mieux en mieux? Je suis mal amanché – certes. Mais moins que lui disa-t-elle en hochant la tête vers Tirvor.

Mon dieu m’a apprise qu’on est chanceux seulement pour un certain nombre de temps. Et parfois, quand on est trop chanceux, les choses nous tombent sur la tête. Mais qu’en fin de compte, les choses s’arrangent comme ils le veulent, et ils ont surement une raison d’agir de sorte. Je suis faite forte, et je vais probablement passer une journée assez pitoyable suite à cet incident, mais c’était à moi de ne pas agir insouciante. Il faut dire que je n’ai jamais retrouvé mon linge dit-elle en désignant ce qu’elle portait.

Domino parlait une certaine ferveur lorsqu’elle parlait que les choses s’arrangeaient..… Ils s’approchaient de la source d’eau.

Apporte-le par ici, je vais y faire boire un peu d’eau.

Elle l’aide à s’asseoir près de la source et y donna de l’eau. Domino apposa un baiser sur son front et ensuite y lança de l'eau dans la face pour le réveiller un peu.

… And that’s for risking your life foolishly, when you just got yours back on track Domino said to Tirvor.
Michael
Aventurier
Michael

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 27 Juin - 1:27

When Éliam arrived, Tirvor barely nodded in recognition. When he started making a statement about not arriving in time to help, Tirvor didn’t really care. After all, it was a duel, to be fought one on one. Nothing he could have done to interfere even if he was there.

The bandaging Éliam added helped a lot. It kept the ribs in place, which minimized the pain. A few more healing prayers from Domino would make him as good as new. As to the missing teeth… and did his nose look crooked now? Nah… well, anyway, all that could be fixed with a couple of restoration potions from Samia.

Were those two arguing now? Tirvor concentrated on what they were saying…

“… Et la tu te balade avec ce fou comme si…” Well, glad to see he respects me, Tirvor thought sarcastically.

“… Mais en fin de compte, les choses s’arragent comme ils le veulent,…” Something in her tone of voice suggested there was more to these words that she was admitting. But those things can change. He had told her so. He would help her. All she had to do was say she wanted a different life, and Tirvor would pull her out of her current one. He had already promised as much.

They then brought him to the water, where Domino offered him some to drink. And, much to Tirvor’s surprise, she gave him a kiss on the forehead. He enjoyed that simple attention, and it felt better than the healing he had received previously. But he knew better than to make too much out of the kiss. Her feelings were…

The splash of water certainly woke him out of the dazed state he was in for the last while. “Quoi? Qu’est-ce que..? What?” he said, as he tried to get up, but then thought better of it and sat back down.

“Risking my life? Foolishly, you say?” Tirvor started to respond in an angry voice, as he shook his head in disbelief.

“Well, it’s my life to throw away, is it not? But don’t worry about that, I have no death wish or intention of dying, if that is what you fear. I fully intend to live, as there is plenty I wish to do after we get out of the Pass.,” He paused for a moment. “I have promises to keep,” he added, almost glaring at Domino as he said those words.

“As to risking my life, well, every day is a risk. Especially if you stand up for what you believe in. Am I to cower from all danger because I might get killed? If my ‘new life’ is so important to keep, why do you let me continue to the Pass where, according to the stories we hear, in all likelihood I will just be killed there? How is that any different than what I just did now?”

Tirvor took a breath and calmed down. With a gentler voice, he continued “Domino, I chose to risk my life for yours. Why? Because I can. Because it was the right thing to do. Because you are my friend and I care for you, and if I can’t help my friends, then there is no point to anything anymore.” He sighed.

“As to the duel, yes, I may have overestimated my chances, but then, it doesn’t really matter. Ultimately, Valédens smiled upon me. And that surprises me that you don’t approve. Valédens is the god of duels, so it was only right that I challenge the orc. Valédens is also the god of luck, so why are you upset that I rely on that luck, which is for Valédens to give as he chooses?”

“Or, are you more upset not because I threw myself to chance with my life in the balance, but because it was all about you? Because suddenly you were all that mattered, and everything was happening because of you? Well, what I choose to risk my life over is my choice, and,” he paused, to look straight into her eyes - Tirvor's eyes seemed sad. “I would do it all over again for you.” But he doubted she understood this... and wondered if, with her past, she ever really could.

Tirvor got up this time. After carefully verifying his balance, he started to walk away, but then paused.

“Oh yeah. Premierement, je ne suis pas fou,” he said to Éliam. “Seulement prêt à faire ce qui doit être fait.“ His expression with these words was practically blank, not giving any indication as to what his thoughts were toward Eliam. His facial bruises helped make him difficult to read.

He then turned to Domino, and his expression softened again. “And while tracking you down I managed to find some of your clothing,” he said, pulling what he had out from his pouch. He handed it back to the priestess. He then took something else, and placed it gently in her hand while saying “Here you are, my lady. It guided me right to you.” It was her holy symbol of Valédens.

With that, he started wobbling his way back toward the camp. Once he was a bit further away, you heard him yell back “and you’re welcome!”

Why is it that no one ever thanks him for saving them? This bad luck all started last year when he helped save the Princess of LaRochelle…

Dernière édition par Michael le Sam 28 Juin - 22:54, édité 1 fois
Sylvain
Chevalier
Sylvain

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 27 Juin - 13:40

Éliam ne croyait pas un mot de ce que Domino lui racontait sur la chance. On fait notre chance par nos décision et non pas en fermant le yeux et en fonçant la tête baissé.
Il n'en revenait pas que cette dernière ne semblait avoir aucune peur de mourir ou pire, de n'avoir aucun attachement à la vie.

- Mais ... pourquoi penser que les choses vont aller mieux? Simplement parceque les gens s'accrochent à ce qu'on appel l'espoir. Généralement on espère à quelque chose de mieux et c'est ce qui nous motive et nous encourage à nous battre pour SURVIVRE. T'as d'autre but pour après? La Passe est la fin pour toi? Ni rien ne personne ne t'attend ailleurs?

Il ne savait plus trop comment réagir à cette nouvelle découverte.
A sa demande il déposa lentement Tirvor sur le bord du lac. Un petit silence s'installa jusqu'à ce qu'elle lance un peu d'eau au visage de Tirvor qui sortie de ses songes.

Apparememnt que le duelliste avait tout capté de la discussion sans dire un mot du voyage de retour.
Sur le coup Éliam ne compris pas les raisons qui le poussèrent à réagir ainsi mais au fur et à mesure qu'il débala le tout à Domino, Éliam approuva ses dires. Ce Tirvor manipulait aussi bien les mots que son épée et se voyait très convainquant.
A l'occasion Éliam hochait de la tête pour montrer son accord avec les propos. A plusieurs reprises il avait lui même mis sa vie en danger pour aider les autres et à maintes reprises c'était retrouvé aux bons soins de Nienna, Beregon, Winsthrof ou même récemment Domino.

Lorsqu'il se mit à parler de Valédens, Éliam resta un peu surpris. Il n'avait jamais réalisé que ce dernier priait aussi ce dieu. Il écouta attentivement afin de mieux comprendre et connaitre ce nouveau dieu pour lui.

Le regard que lui jetait la jeune femme démontrait bien que des milliers de chose en même temps se bousculait dans sa tête.

Lorsque Tirvor se tourna vers lui pour le réprimander sur ses dires lancés plus tôt, Éliam ne pu s'empêcher que de laisser paraître un grand sourire et de baisser la tête. Il savait bien que Tirvor comprenait ce qu'il avait voulu dire et que la colère du moment le faisait réagir ainsi. Il baissa les yeux en signe de regret.

Mais lorsque ce dernier quitta en marmonnant et cria de loin ''and you're welcome!'', Éliam fut soulager de voir qu'il allait beaucoup mieux et ne pu s'empêcher de se mettre à rire face la situation.

Il se releva et regardant vers Domino:

- Quelle journée!!! soupir
- Aller... ramassons tes affaires et allons le rejoindre. Je n'ai pas envit de trainer ici. Et en plus nous devrons r'attraper la colonne de prisonnier. Les autres seront inquiêt sans bon sens.

Plusieurs heures c'étaient écoulées et ils se trouveraient à prêt d'une demi journée derrière. Ce n'était pas une très bonne idée de trainer seul en ce lieu avec les Ban-Sidhee qui les surveillaitent constamment en plus des undeads la nuit.

Au moment ou ils approchèrent du camp, ils se rendirent compte que tout le monde se trouvait encore là.

Éliam vit Topanga non loin et lui demanda se qui se passait. Tout le monde semblait prêt à partir mais personne n'avait bougé. Elle l'informa qu'un des garde venait de passer leur annonçant une autre perte, un des hommes de Rémi cette fois. Le convoit repartirait d'ici une heure tout au plus.
Topanga
Aventurier
Topanga

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 27 Juin - 22:18

Après que Wulf quitta Topanga elle restait là quelques minutes pour regarder ce qui se passait autour d'elle. Par la suite, elle voit Éliam qui sort du bois et elle se demandait justement où étais partit son ami.

-Salut Éliam! T'étais où?

-Bien pour ce qui c'est passé, Il y a un des hommes de Remi qui fut retrouvé la gorge tranché...très bizzare. De plus,il y a eu l'incident avec Beregon, dont je ne connais pas vraiment les détails. Sinon je viens de parler à Wulf, qui est un peu bizzare, mais c'est un peu normal venant de sa part, mais cette fois-ci je ne crois pas que c'est comme les autres fois.

-C'est pas mal tout...mais toi...ça vas?
Domino
Chevalier
Domino

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 28 Juin - 16:48

Lorsqu’Éliam lui parlait du future, elle le regarda avec beaucoup de tristesse dans les yeux. Mais encore, if only he knew.

After Tirvor had woken up and left, Domino stared at the holy symbol in her hands. She felt so foolish. She guessed that Tirvor hadn’t heard her whisper to him while she was healing him. The thanks she whispered had been from the heart. She looked a little stunned after his outburst.

Great – she thought. Her goal of not getting too close to anyone had inevitably failed. Domino guessed it was her reflex of warming up to people, no matter who they were.

She followed Éliam back to camp, trying to avoid the looks of disbelief she was getting. Domino had forgotten to change out of the odd clothes and was still full of blood. So much for taking a bath, she thought.

Domino picked up her things that she had left neatly in a pile and secluded herself from everyone else, praying for the last hour they had of rest before they left to continue their road towards the Pass.

She wondered if her thoughts actually reached her God this close to the world of the Dead. Evidently, he had shined on Tirvor during his duel. He was right… God of duels. That got her thinking. How could a God be the God of duels and of chance? She reflected on the weird possibilities. It’s in times like this that she wished she hadn’t been sent on this mission. But as much as she wished, she had no choice but to obey. It was tradition. All she could do was keep a grasp on the little amount of hope that she’d be back. Then again, would it be really worth it to go back?
Michael
Aventurier
Michael

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 28 Juin - 20:31

Although he had left before Éliam and Domino, Tirvor arrived back at the camp after them. He was taking his time to walk back.. partly because of his wounds, and partially because he just needed a bit more time to think about things. He probably shouldn’t have had such an outburst back there, but was too late to do anything about that. The look on Domino’s face at what he said still remained in his thoughts. Maybe he was a bit too hard on her… but still, Tirvor was definitely tired at people being mad at him for saving them.

Upon arriving at the camp, he simply walked by most people, not caring about their stares or inquiries about all of his wounds or appearance. To the few people who actually asked what happened, he simply said “What makes you think anything happened” and would then smile with his smile that was now missing a few teeth.

Tirvor went back to his spot in the camp, where he proceeded to take out another shirt from his pack and change. He tossed his old shirt, now torn and covered with blood. He then took the time to reload his pistol, as he never knew when he’d have to use it again. Running low on charges, he realized; he’ll have to purchase more powder soon. Once loaded, he placed it back on his belt.

He then looked around, and it dawned on him that the camp hadn’t moved out yet. He listened to the others, and soon discovered that there was talk about a guard being murdered. That’s when he also noticed that some of the guards were watching him carefully… he sighed. Great, he thought. I walked back into camp wounded and covered in blood after a guard was killed. I wonder who they’ll think is responsible, he thought cynically.

He then noticed Domino sitting out in the woods, praying to Valédens. He thought about going to see her again, but stopped. No, she might not want to talk to him right now. Besides, he had other things to do first. Tirvor proceeded down into the camp to find Samia.

The alchemist was happy to help Tirvor, but she wanted to know exactly what happened. He told her about his duel with orcs to save Domino, and, thinking back to everything that happened last year, commented on how there seemed to be a definite pattern to the incidents in which Tirvor is normally gravelly wounded. Tirvor winced while telling his story; the magic that was re-growing his teeth wasn’t exactly painless. He could also feel his nose straightening back out. Guess it was crooked after all.

After thanking Samia, Tirvor returned back to where his pack was lying in the camp. He wasn’t exactly surprised when he was surrounded by several guards, asking where he had been. Tirvor told them that he had fought orcs to rescue Domino. The guards didn’t exactly believe him and said they’d look into it, but that in the meantime they would be watching him. Tirvor merely shrugged; he didn’t particularly care at the moment.

As they guards left, however, he wondered why he didn’t tell them that he had seen the dead guard at the lake. True, mentioning that would likely have implicated him even more in their eyes, but he didn’t care about that. As he got back to camp and stopped to stare at the praying Domino, he realized why he did what he did. He thought she had killed the guard. He at first believed it was the orc, but then Grozz would have gone in with his viscious axe, not a knife to the throat. And Éliam was back in camp, dealing with Beregon. That only left Domino. He wondered why she would have done so. But in the end, he trusted her, and thus assumed she had a reason. That’s all he needed to know for now, although he hoped she would come talk to him about it on her own at some point. Meanwhile, let the guards come after him for a while and leave her alone. She had other demons to deal with.

Later, when Domino finished her praying, she could hear music. As she arrived back at the place where her pack was, Tirvor was there playing his guitar. Upon seeing her, he stopped, got up, and smiled at her (with all of his teeth). “Nice to have you back. And just in time, we’re leaving now.” Domino looked around, and noticed that all of her things were packed, and in fact, most had been tied to Tirvor’s backpack. Before she could object, Tirvor picked up the pack and placed it on his back. He stopped any further objections by stating “I've got everything. Don’t worry. It will be my pleasure to carry it for you.”

“Shall we go?” he asked her. “The way I see it, the sooner we get to the Pass, the sooner we can finish your mission, the sooner we can get back home, and then the sooner both of us can start a new life.”

Tirvor started to walk with the caravan. He pulled an apple out of his pouch and handed it to Domino. “I figured you’d be hungry by now.”

“And I’m glad you’re alive and here with me.”

Later, as the two were walking along with the caravan of prisoners, Tirvor added with a big grin “By the way, I kept the animal clothing the orcs gave you. I thought it looked good on you,” he concluded with a friendly wink to her.

Dernière édition par Michael le Lun 30 Juin - 17:43, édité 2 fois
Sylvain
Chevalier
Sylvain

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 28 Juin - 22:15

Mel, voir ta réplique dans l'autre post.
Domino
Chevalier
Domino

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMar 1 Juil - 11:52

Domino stared uncomprehending Tirvor. One moment he’s fuming at her, and the other he’s being the most gentlemany-man someone could be. She just didn’t understand, and was beginning to think that something was up. Why would someone be so nice to a simple priestess with an ugly background? Praying to Valédens hadn't calmed her spirits yet...

All she did was nod when he started talking to her, and finally answered while they were walking.

Uh thanks... for carrying my stuff. My back is a little stiff from sleeping on rocks these days. She looked to the ground. And I guess you didn’t hear me whisper my thanks while you were unconscious and I was healing you. But I imagine that’s normal, seeing as you got beat up pretty bad. She started chomping on the apple, then had a second thought...

This apple... it isn’t from the vegetation around here, right? No offense, but it’s looking pretty poisonous and dead to me. Domino then remembered her sausage she had put away earlier and took it out and took a few bites, offering one to Tirvor once in a while.

She looked at him sharply when he mentioned the animal skin with one of those stares of hers and cocked an eyebrow. Maybe he wasn’t so different than the rest of the men...
Michael
Aventurier
Michael

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMar 1 Juil - 18:04

When Domino mentioned she had indeed thanked him for saving her, Tirvor came to a complete stop. His shoulders sagged and he lowered his head, as the stupidity of it all came to him. Of course she may have thanked him when he wasn't coherent... or, even if she didn't, she might have done it a bit later after he recovered, had he given her the time instead of going into his outburst the moment he thought he knew what was going on.

As Domino was tossing the apple and taking out the remainder of her sausage, Tirvor shook his head at his mistake.

"I'm sorry." After a pause, he lifted his head again and looked at Domino. "You didn't deserve any of what I said back by the lake... well, most of it, anyway. I guess I just let other issues that were... annoying me.. get the better of me." Domino could see that Tirvor truly felt bad about his actions.

"All I know is that you were nice to me and helped me when no one else even bothered to care. Because of that, I consider you a friend, and I'd risk my life for you whether you'd thank me or not. It's the least I could do for you. And as a friend, I should not be pestering you about little details that don't really matter. Your friendship in return is all that really counts."

After a bit more of a pause, he continued. "Maybe our meeting was just a sheer meaningless coincidence. Or maybe Valédens is smiling upon me and sent you my way to change my life around." He looked carefully at Domino again. "Or perhaps it was the other way around."

"Regardless of the reason, however, I do realize how important you've been to me. And, even though I know you don't think you did much, I truly appreciate what you did. I'll never forget that, and that's why I'll always be there for you."

Tirvor was smiling in admiration at her by that point. When he realized this, he tried to hide it by turning his smile into a more mischievious grin and quickly added "So you're stuck with me whether you like it or not." He then stuck his tongue out at her, making a face ( Razz ), before turning to continue walking with the caravan.

Yeah, there's a great way to end a serious conversation, he thought sarcastically. He hoped she couldn't see him rolling his eyes at his own stupidity.

Later, after his attempt at humour with the comment about the animal skins, Domino's reaction clearly indicated that it didn't go well. "Ok. Duely noted," he said while raising his hands in a sign of surrender. "We'll burn them at the next campfire we make."
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: A New Beginning   A New Beginning - Page 2 Icon_minitime

A New Beginning
Page 2 sur 2Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2